Hey, if you’re reading this because you got linked here by the very generous Nethaera about Warlords of Draenor, welcome! I am very sorry that this is not actually a post about my discussion with Helen Cheng (quest designer from Blizzard) but rather a sincere apology that I literally haven’t had the resources to post anything up yet.
The reason for this is because I’ve not been on consistent Internet outside of my smartphone and it’s very hard to compose blog posts there. Once I get a couple hours on steady internet with my laptop or Thursday when I finally get back home, I promise I will brain dump over the next couple of days about my more critical experiences at Blizzcon.
Things you can expect:
- Discussion about the women of Warlords of Draenor, including my notes from speaking to Dave Kosak (briefly) as well as Helen Cheng.
- Meeting Craig Amai, head of quest development about Ji Firepaw as well as his thoughts on Warlords and representation.
- Presentation of Warlords in broad strokes of masculinity and “boys trip” from Metzen.
- Summary of all the people I met.
- Aggra and the #RiseofAggra hashtag.
- The use of “savage” and other racial tropes via the orcs.
- Assorted notes from the panels I attended.
Lots of things to look forward to, and I say hello to all my potential new readers. I was up to a lot this last week. If you’re interested in hearing Helen Cheng talk about quest design from Mists of Pandaria, feel free to listen to the interview we did with her over at Justice Points.